NEET 2024 Entrance Exam Preparation Tips
Last Minute Strategy to Crack NEET
Profession of Doctors is seen as a benchmark in the field of knowledge and social status. It is one of the noble professions as doctors are considered next to god. Obviously, it is dream of many students to become a renowned doctor and NEET-UG is the stepping ladder for it.
NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) is conducted by NTA (National Testing Agency) to admit eligible candidates to MBBS and BDS courses across Medical and Dental colleges in India. As per the official notification released by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, from 2020, NEET will be the common exam for all medical aspirants which will also include AIIMS and JIPMER.
NEET 2024 Entrance Exam Preparation Tips of Last Minute Strategy to Crack NEET
How to prepare for NEET
More than 15 Lakh candidates appeared for NEET in 2019. Therefore, looking at the level of competition, unless you plan your complete time table strategically, it will be difficult to cover the whole syllabus in time. To begin with, those who aspire to crack NEET, should be aware of the accurate exam pattern, which is as follows -
- Exam mode and duration:
The exam is conducted in offline mode for a duration of 3 hours.
- NEET Mode of Examination:
It is offline examination, conducted in pen and paper-based mode, candidates will be provided with a rough booklet during the examination and they must mark the code for the test booklet on the OMR sheet.
- NEET Syllabus:
The exam will cover both Class 11 and Class 12 syllabus from Physics, Chemistry and Biology of the NCERT curriculum.
- NEET Paper Pattern:
exam consists of 3 sections – Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany and Zoology)
- The paper will include 180 multiple-choice questions of total 720 marks.
- 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer. For each correct answer, 4 marks will be awarded.
- There will be 45 questions each in Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology, each.
Preparation Strategy: Some crucial points to remember
- NEET syllabus is divided into two parts
- Approached based or Application based subjects i.e. Physics and Chemistry.
- Theoretical based subject i.e. Biology
- Scoring full marks in all subjects of NEET is very challenging but relatively easy in Biology and Chemistry. Student should aim to score full marks in both these subjects.
- Since questions asked in NEET are majorly NCERT based, it becomes crucial to be thorough with NCERT books. Only once this is achieved, students should start practising from other reference books.
- Regular Practice tests are important. It allows you to analyse your performance, identify the weak areas & improvise them. Practice and more practice are the key to success.
- Self-study is essential while preparing for any competitive exam. It is always advisable to study and practice the books recommended by experts rather than wasting time in exploring many different books.
Subject wise preparation for NEET 2024
Physics - NEET 2024 Entrance Exam Preparation Tips
Following are some of the points to be noted while you are studying Physics from NEET point of view.
- Mechanics is the most important topic carrying maximum weightage.
- From Electrodynamics you can expect almost 9-10 questions.
- Physics is the most difficult section in NEET exam.
- Most of the questions involve lengthy calculations.
- It is imperative to remember all the formulas.
Mechanics, Electricity & magnetism, Modern physics, Optics, Heat & Thermodynamics
Some important reference books:
- Concept of Physics - HC VERMA
- Objective of Physics - D C Pandey
- Fundamental of Physics - Halliday, Resnick, Walker
- NCERT physics XI and XII
Chemistry - NEET 2024 Entrance Exam Preparation Tips
Some points to keep in mind while preparing Chemistry for NEET:
- Chemistry is regarded as a moderately difficult section in the paper.
- You may expect more application-based questions.
- One can expect 16-17 questions from Organic Chemistry.
- Some questions may require application of two different concepts together.
- Pay more attention to Chemical Bonding and Coordination Compounds. They take a lot of time and carry maximum weightage.
Thermodynamics, Solution, Equilibrium, Chemical Bonding, S block & P block elements, General Organic Chemistry, Alcohol, Phenol & Ether, Co-ordination Compounds, Hydrocarbons.
Some important study material:
Previous years question papers for Physical & Organic Chemistry : O.P. Toondon (for theory) , NCERT on your fingertips (for objectives), NCERT Inorganic Chemistry
Biology - NEET 2024 Entrance Exam Preparation Tips
- Biology is relatively easier than the other two subjects.
- The paper includes 45 questions each from Botany and Zoology.
- Maximum questions are asked from NCERT.
- Human Physiology and Genetics are extremely important topics carrying high weightage.
Plant and Human Physiology, Reproduction, Genetics & Evolution, Ecology, Biotechnology and Biology in human welfare, Structural organization of plants and animals, Cell – Structure and function, Diversity in living world
Important Reference Books:
NCERT and Trueman Objective Biology for NEET
Last two months play crucial role in achieving your dream score…
Following tips to plan your last minute preparation will definitely help you in scoring good in NEET.
- Divide two months’ time into first 30 days and next 30 days.
- In the first 30 days – make schedule and practise and revise all the Chapters of Physics, Chemistry and Biology daily. Start the day with Physics, then do Chemistry and complete the day with Biology.
- While you revise your NCERT books and Class Notes - make chapter wise notes of only points to remember which are mostly forgotten / tough areas and put it on the table or wall, so that you can see them daily
- Each subject should be read during this period in the format of PRT - Practice, Revision and Test (chapter wise)
- In the next 30 days - Revise all chapters every day and take a daily test preferably previous years NEET papers.
Finally, it’s your attitude is what decides the effectiveness of your learning process. The moment you start thinking positively, your brain will show better creativity. A right mindset will also make you feel less anxious. Maintaining healthy diet along with proper exercise help you achieve optimum productivity. Remember -
SUCCESS DOESN’T COME FROM WHAT YOU DO OCCASIONALLY. SUCCESS COMES FROM WHAT YOU DO CONSISTENTLY…
All the Best !!!