NEET 2021 Entrance Exam Paper Pattern
Marking and Negative Marking System
NEET 2021 Entrance Exam Paper Pattern Marking and Negative Marking System
NEET 2021 Paper Pattern
National Testing Agency (NTA) is the governing body for the NEET exam which is the sole exam for getting admission into any Medical College in India.
- NEET exam is based on NCERT syllabus of Std. XI & XII.
- It is conducted in in offline mode i.e. it is pen and paper based exam. Candidates are provided with a rough booklet during the exam. They must mark the code for the test booklet on the OMR sheet.
- NEET Question paper is available in following languages: English, Hindi, Tamil, Assamese, Oriya, Kannada, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Urdu, and Telugu.
- NEET exam comprises of three sections – Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany + Zoology)
- Exam is of total 720 marks and is of 3 hours duration.
- Questions asked are of MCQ type i.e. Multiple Choice Questions.
- Total no. of questions asked are 180. The subject wise division of no. of questions is as follows: Physics – 45, Chemistry – 45, Biology - 90 (Botany – 45 & Zoology – 45).
- Duration of exam is 3 hours.
NEET Marking Scheme 2021:
- Exam is of total 720 marks.
- There is negative marking for incorrect answers. It is not compulsory to attempt all questions.
- +4 marks are awarded for every correct answer and -1 will be given for every incorrect answer.
- No negative marking for unattempt questions.
- It is not possible to change the answer once you mark it.
- If candidate marks multiple options for answer, it will be considered as incorrect answer and will attract negative marking.