PSU Jobs Through GATE for ECE 2021
The quality of job opportunities for Electronics, Electronics and Telecommunications Engineers in the private sector is less than desirable. Most core jobs are oriented towards roles like that of a technician and do not pay well.
To secure a stable, high-paying job with a desirable role in India, one must aim for PSUs. For those who are unfamiliar, PSUs are those organizations which are at least 51% owned by the government. Examples are companies like ONGC, IOCL, NTPC etc. Over the past few years, over 50 PSUs have recruited students through the GATE exam.
One needs to note that not all these 50 PSUs recruit students each year. There are 8 PSUs that have confirmed or might recruit Electronics / Electronics and Telecommunications Engineers through GATE 2021. The details are in the table below:
Are you looking for Online GATE Coaching ?
PSU Recruitment Through GATE 2021 for Electronics Engineering
|Company||Status||Base Pay (per month)||Role||GATE Eligibility||Academic Eligibility (Open - Min % in B.E. / B.Tech)||Upper Age Limit (Open)||Selection Process||Application Open From|
|DRDO||Confirmed||Rs. 56,100||Scientist B||GATE 2021||60%||28 Years||GATE 2021 + Written Test / Interview||January|
|PGCIL||Confirmed||Rs. 60,000 - Rs. 1,80,000||Assistant Manager||GATE 2021||70%||28 Years||GATE 2021 + GD / GT + PT||15-Jan|
|Haryana Power||Confirmed||Rs. 53,100 - Rs. 1,67,800||Assistant Engineer||GATE 2019, GATE 2020, GATE 2021||60%||27 Years||GATE 2021 + PI||June|
|BARC||Tentative||Rs. 56,100||Scientific Officer||GATE 2021||60%||26 Years||GATE 2021 + PI||January|
|ONGC||Tentative||Rs. 60,000 - Rs. 1,80,000||Assistant Executive Engineer||GATE 2021||60%||30 Years||GATE 2021 + GD + Interview||March|
|HPCL||Tentative||Rs. 60,000 - Rs. 1,80,000||Officer||GATE 2021||60%||27 Years||GATE 2021 + Interview||January|
|NTPC||Tentative||Rs. 50,000 - Rs. 1,80,000||Engineering Executive Trainee||GATE 2021||65%||27 Years||GATE 2021 + GD + PI||January|
|NPCIL||Tentative||Rs. 56,100||Scientific Officer C||GATE 2021||60%||26 Years||GATE 2021 + PI||March|
Of the eight PSUs listed above, three have confirmed that they will recruit through GATE 2021 and the remaining five are tentative. Although, these three PSUs have recruited through the GATE in recent years. A few other points to keep in mind while applying to PSUs are below:
- The list mentioned above is as of 27th February 2021. More PSUs might get added to this list as time passes.
- The salary listed above is the base pay. PSUs offer additional compensation like Dearness Allowance, Travel Allowance, Food Reimbursement, House Rental Allowance etc . over and above this pay. Many also have annual bonuses and performance-based bonuses.
- The weightage given to the GATE exam depends on the PSU. Some PSUs use GATE only as a qualifying criterion to select applicants for the interview and once applicants appear for the interview, they are only judged on their interview performance. On the other hand, other PSUs give 70% weight to the GATE score, 15% to the Group Discussion / Group Task and 15% weightage to the Personal Interview.
- The Personal Interview generally consists of a mix between behavioural and technical questions.
- The GATE cutoffs for reserved categories (SC / ST / OBC) is lower than that for general category. Further, there are also age limit and academic eligibility relaxations for applicants from reserved categories. For exact information, candidates are encouraged to visit the individual PSU websites.