All Information About IIT JEE 2022
IIT JEE Course Main and Advanced - Detail Information
Basic Information About the IIT's and Their Joint Entrance Exam
The IITs - What is Mean by IIT JEE Exam
The Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) are the most prestigious institutes in India that offer engineering and technological education of internationally recognized standard of excellence. Over the years, IITs have created a world class educational platform that is dynamically sustained through quality teaching and internationally acclaimed research with excellent infrastructure and the best available minds. Alumni of IITs occupy key positions, both in India and abroad. At present, there are twenty three IITs across India.
Students coming out of the IITs are known to have acquired professional excellence in life. Be it a matter of getting admissions for further studies in most prestigious Universities abroad, or getting employment in any reputed organisations in the world, IITians are always in top
|1||IIT Kharagpur||IITKGP||West Bengal|
|3||IIT Madras||IITM||Tamil Nadu|
|4||IIT Kanpur||IITK||Uttar Pradesh|
|14||IIT Indore||IITI||Madhya Pradesh|
|15||IIT Mandi||IITMandi||Himachal Pradesh|
|16||IIT (BHU) Varanasi||IIT (BHU)||Uttar Pradesh|
|18||IIT Tirupati||IITTP||Andhra Pradesh|
|19||IIT (ISM) Dhanbad||IIT (ISM)||Jharkhand|
|22||IIT Jammu||IITJMU||Jammu & Kashmir|
What is IIT JEE Exam
IIT JEE is a national level engineering entrance exam consisting of two stages – JEE Main & JEE Advanced. JEE Main is a screening exam to select the candidates who will be eligible to appear for JEE Advanced, which will serve as final exam to select candidates for admission into prestigious IITs. Every year, the IITs conduct a Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) to select candidates for the 4-year B.Tech, B.Pharm, 5-year B.Arch, Integrated M.Sc. and M.Tech courses.
Pattern of the IIT JEE Main and Advanced
JEE Main is an entry-level exam with a lower level of difficulty. It comprises of two papers. The Paper 1 is conducted for admission to Undergraduate Engineering Programs at NITs, IIITs, CFTIs and other prestigious institutions. It is also an eligibility test for JEE Advanced, which is conducted for admissions to IITs. The Paper 2 is conducted for admission to B. Arch. and B. Planning courses.
At present, the IIT JEE is a single - stage objective type examination consisting of two papers of three hours duration each to test comprehension & analytical ability of candidates. Both papers, Paper-1 and Paper-2 will each have three separate sections on Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics.
All questions will be of Objective Type, designed to test aptitude, comprehension and analytical ability of the candidates. Read More
Eligibility for the IIT JEE Main and Advanced
Eligibility for the IIT JEE Main
General category candidate must have secured at least 75% marks in Std. XII board exam (with Mathematics, Physics as the compulsory subjects along with Chemistry/ Biology or Biotechnology) or any of the equivalent qualifying exam. (65% for SC-ST category candidates) OR Read More..
Eligibility for the IIT JEE Advanced
Candidate should be in top 2,50,000 candidates (including reserve category) clearing JEE Main – Paper 1. Read More..
New Selection Process of the IIT JEE Main and Advanced
- One entrance exam for admission to IITs, NITs and IIITs
- The new JEE will consist of 2 Tests viz. Main Test and Advanced Test which will test problem solving ability in basic science subjects - Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Both Tests will be of 3 hours duration each.
- Only the Top 1,50,000 candidates (including all categories) based on performance in JEE (Mains) will qualify to appear in the JEE (Advanced) examination, which will rank candidates for admissions to IITs, provided the candidates are among the top 20% high scorers of their respective boards in class XII examination.
As the above selection pattern gives a substantial importance to the Std. XII Board marks, it is very essential that every student prepares well not only for the proposed JEE, but for Std. XII also.
Recommended Books for IIT JEE Main and Advanced Preparation
Recommended Books for IIT JEE Physics
- NCERT Physics – Class 11 and 12
- Concepts of Physics (Vol 1 & 2) – H.C. Verma (Highly Recommended)
- Understanding Physics Series (5 books) – D.C. Pandey
- Problems in General Physics – I.E. Irodov (Arihant Publications)
Recommended Books for IIT JEE Mathematics
- Course in Mathematics for IIT-JEE – Tata McGraw Hill
- Mathematics for Class 11 and 12 – R.D. Sharma
- Coordinate Geometry for IIT-JEE – S.K. Goyal
- Differential Calculus for IIT-JEE – Amit Agarwal
Recommended Books for IIT JEE Chemistry
- NCERT Chemistry – Class 11 and 12
- Organic Chemistry and Inorganic Chemistry – O.P. Tandon
- Organic Chemistry – Jagdamba Singh
- Click Here to Check All List of IIT JEE Recommended Book
Strategies and Tips to Crack IIT JEE Main and Advanced
- Start with the NCERT
- Have an inquisitive mind
- Solve with the Multiple Solution Technique
- Revise Wisely
- Manage your Time Efficiently
- Choose the Right Reference Books
- Take Mock Tests
- Read More Preparation Tips / Strategy for JEE Mains + Advanced