Best Books for MHT-CET Preparation 2021
Best Reference Books for MHT-CET Engineering Entrance Exam Preparation 2021
Best Books for MHT-CET Preparation 2021 | Best Reference Books for MHT-CET Engineering Entrance Exam Preparation 2021
MHT-CET exam syllabus gives 20% weightage to Std. XI and 80% weightage to Std. XII syllabus of HSC board. Since MHT-CET is based on combination of Std. XI & XII HSC syllabus, students don’t need to study separately for this exam.
But there is difference in the nature of these two exams i.e. while Std. 11 and 12 are descriptive type of exams, giving more importance to writing and presentation skills of the candidates; MHT-CET is objective type of exam emphasising on conceptual learning. Therefore, your preparation strategy will also be different for both the exams.
Since there is Std. XI syllabus as well, it is always advisable to start preparation right from Std. XI. This will ensure syllabus completion on time and ample time for revision and mock tests practice.
It has been observed that MHT-CET is becoming tougher and tougher with each passing year. In 2019, approximately only 10 to 15 students scored 190+ marks in MHT-CET. Our MHT-CET 2019 topper - Ankit Jaiswal, who scored 193 marks (as per official answer key) used to study around 10 to 12 hours a day including 4 to 5 hours of coaching.
MHT-CET Preparation Strategy and Important Books:
All Government and private Engineering colleges (autonomous, aided and unaided) located in Maharashtra give admission for their B.E. courses on the basis of MHT-CET score. MHT-CET i.e. Maharashtra Health & Technical – Common Entrance Test is conducted by Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra. Top engineering colleges like VJTI, COEP and SPCE give admissions purely on the basis of MHT-CET.
Any student who is an Indian National and has appeared for his Std. XII / HSC exam, is eligible to appear for MHT-CET. There is no requirement of certain cut off marks to pass MHT-CET. Any non-zero score will make you eligible to get the rank. But if you want to get into a good engineering college, you definitely need to score good. Going by the data of past 3-4 years’ results, score of 150+ should be safe score to get admission in top Engineering colleges in Maharashtra.
Since, MHT-CET is based on combination of Std. XI & XII HSC syllabus, it is immensely important that you have thoroughly studied your State board text books for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. But to get that extra edge over others, it is highly recommended to go through NCERT books completely.
You should refer question bank and test series of a good coaching Institute after completion of your syllabus. Vidyalankar has Online test series for MHT-CET which can give you a real time exam experience. Along with that, solving at least 10 previous JEE papers is must to understand speed and depth required to solve MHT-CET paper.
Another must have books are CET Score Booster series by Vidyalankar. The complete series contains -
- A book on previous year question papers which includes 16 years actual MHT-CET questions classified topic wise, along with their detailed solutions. Solutions are easy to understand, with tricks and short-cut methods. This book is written by faculty who have several years of teaching experience. This book covers topics in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
- Score booster books in Physics, Chemistry and Maths. Each subject book has more than 4000 MCQs and 10 full syllabus tests with detailed solutions along with 40 days study plan. It also provides shortcuts, important results and formula.
So, if you start understanding basic concepts and their application instead of mugging everything, cracking MHT-CET is not really tough. With the help of good study material and experienced teacher to guide you, it is easy to score good in MHT-CET.
Reference Important Books for MHT-CET 2021:
There are various study material available for MHT-CET preparation which may be divided in three broad categories like – Theory books, MCQ books and Mock Test Series/ Previous Years’ papers.
So now from theory point of view, since MHT-CET is based on combination of Std. XI & XII HSC syllabus, it is immensely important that you have thoroughly studied your Maharashtra State board text books for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biology (for Pharmacy aspirants).
Once theory revision is thoroughly done, next step is rigorous problem solving practice, which can be achieved through solving variety of problems and giving sufficient number of mock tests. You should refer question bank and test series of a good coaching Institute after completion of your syllabus. Vidyalankar has Online test series for MHT-CET which can give you a real time exam experience. Along with that, solving at least 10 previous MHT-CET papers is must to understand speed and depth required to solve MHT-CET paper.
Click this link to subscribe: MHT-CET 2021 (PCM) Online Test Series
Another must have books are Vidyalankar’s CET Score Booster series in Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Biology. Each Subject book contains -
- Chapter wise solved papers for previous years (2020 – 2004). The questions are classified topic wise, along with their detailed solutions. Solutions are easy to understand, with tricks and short-cut methods, written by faculty who have several years of teaching experience.
- MHT-CET papers of 2020 of all online slots for PCM / PCB group.
- Sample Questions for newly introduced topics for MHT-CET 2021.
- 5 Online tests with analysis and solutions.
- Shortcuts, important results and formulae On top of it, you will get free access to 15 hours of Vidyalankar’s CET Score booster Online Crash course.
(The books are highly acclaimed on amazon and enjoy five star rating. They are the best in their category.)